To ensure effective customer service levels are upheld through effective execution and communication of customer requirements to the transport teams, including internal and external transportation stakeholders. To Provide strong planning and administration of the systems, providing the best customer service possible.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as in a fast paced transport or logistics environment or within a Customer Service environment
- Numerate – Ability to work with numerical data is required for this role
- Highly competent with PC literate – Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint and Transport IT/ web based systems
- Highly organised, self-sufficient and able to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Good UK Graphical Knowledge
- Reliable in approach to work and adaptable to fit into different teams and environments
Customer Service – To ensure all customer orders are processed to be delivered on time and in full
Advise Transport Operations Manager of any concerns over orders coming in from the customer that may have unexpected delays or require more interaction from the customer
Ensure all requests for Customer orders are processed in a timely manner and are updated in the systems with all relevant details
Ensure the efficient communication to the relevant internal or external stakeholders and planning of the demands to meet the expectations of the customers:
- Strong and clear communication of the Customers’ requirements to the Transport Operations Manager
- Promptly answering customer enquiries over the telephone in a professional manner and via email where necessary
- Speaking to the customer to understand any concerns or with any planning activities
- Working with the customer to understand their demands for short term and long term planning activities.
- Entry of all movements of jobs onto the relevant PC and web based systems
- Reporting any concerns to the Transport Operations Manager
- Working in tandem with the other Teams such as Warehouse and Transport teams
- Raising any concerns over delivery with other internal teams and providing solutions for resolution
- Investigating and solving pre and post departure customer escalations and issues
- Attend Customer meetings on a planned and Ad-Hoc basis to maintain good levels of communication
- Plan and communicate effective handovers during absence to ensure that there is a clear plan and line of communication/reporting should any questions arise
- Support the process of on boarding with new customers and processes with any new business as and when required
- Minimise cost through effective and robust processes and practises to ensure the customer demands are met and communicated correctly.
- Reduce Subcontracting costs through outstanding communication with internal teams.
- Writing reports and producing information for Daily, Weekly and Monthly meetings as and when relevant to understand the trend of Customer Satisfaction and make suggestions for increasing the Customer Satisfaction rating
- Monitor the previous day’s shipments in order to provide delivery information and communicate to relevant internal/external customers in a timely manner should issues require escalation.
- Liaise directly and in a timely manner with internal/external stakeholders to advise them of issues or delays along with planned corrective action, so as to maintain a two-way communication flow and minimise customer dissatisfaction.
- Encouraging teamwork within the workplace by displaying the correct behaviours towards all members of the Knowles Transport Ltd teams
- To effectively manage the customer service and planning dept
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely and securely and reporting of any concerns to the Transport Operations Manager