Supporting the Shift Supervisor and Wisbech Warehouse Manager with effective management and supervision of the shifts operations, including distribution of workload for all Warehouse Operatives including agency labour that is allocated to the operation.
The required skills and experience for this role are as follows:
- Strong PC based knowledge including intermediate skills and knowledge of Excel and web based systems
- Previous Experience of using Emperica and Road Runner or similar would be advantageous
- Strong Leadership and Management skills with the ability to delegate and supervise individuals
- Diligent attention to detail and attention to safety of themselves and others around the workplace
- Confident individual who can challenge when the need arises and at the appropriate level
- Mature, professional approach, confidence to communicate and deal with all levels of people
- Excellent organisational and planning skills working on your own
Key Accountabilities are:
- Operating IT systems
- When covering for the Supervisor, managing the staff on shift
- Ensure effective and efficient running of the warehouse function and customer satisfaction by:
- Ensure warehouse supervisor is kept informed of all operational issues, in particular those that may lead to service disruption or non-delivery
- Ensure that the Company’s health and safety policies and guidelines are adhered to.
- To achieve the expected hourly output as determined by the site daily volumes
- To control the reworking of stock and the decanting of containers as and when required.
- To control the accuracy of receiving, picking and dispatch
- Effective intake of goods and supplies from all customers
- Correct storing of goods – Monitoring locations and carrying out checks to ensure the teams accuracy