Support the smooth running of the Palletforce team by ensuring timely and accurate preparing and delivering of all stock on a supply and need basis. Through use of both company and external systems and to act as a point of contact for internal teams within Warehousing and Transport Operations teams. Take an active role in the direction and delivery of all stock, to ensure best practice methods are used in the execution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a logistics or warehouse based role
- Strong PC based knowledge including an intermediate or knowledge of Excel spread sheets and web based systems
- Good communication skills: Responds to enquiries via telephone and email, providing support for both internal and external contacts.
- Confident individual who can challenge when the need arises and at the appropriate level
- Reliable in approach to work and adaptable to fit into different teams and environments
- Highly organised, self-sufficient and able to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Experience of working within the transport or warehousing sector
- Must have own transport, full UK driving licence and ability to travel to work
- Customer Service – To ensure all deliveries are delivered on time in full. And relay any issues, back to our customers in a timely fashion.
- Advise Warehouse Manager of any orders that have unexpected delays within 2 hours of notification.
- Ensure all driver paperwork is processed within 24 hours of receipt.
- Ensure effective and efficient customer service levels are maintained within the warehousing department by:
- Keeping stock control systems up to date and making sure inventories are accurate
- Planning future capacity requirements
- Briefing drivers on a daily basis on outloads and deliveries ∙ Supporting with customer visits and stock checks ensuring quality of service they receive is up to their required standard
- Carry out general stock administration
- Speak to suppliers regarding prices
- Achieve all set standards for the delivery/ordering of all items of stock and to achieve KPI targets using relevant systems
- Aid in the accuracy of paperwork at all times
- Ensure all computer related work is on time and accurate
- Maintain a neat and tidy appearance at all times wearing company uniform ∙ Liaise with our other offices where applicable
- Have flexible approach to work and working patterns
- Contact internal customers to resolve any queries or problem that may arise Responding to and dealing with customer communication by email and telephone
- Encouraging teamwork within the workplace by displaying the correct behaviours towards all members of the Knowles Transport Ltd teams
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely and securely and reporting of any concerns to the Palletforce Manager