To ensure and maintain good customer relations with the sub-contractors used on a regular basis, keeping costs to a minimum and ensuring the best level of customer service is maintained. Building strong rapport with each sub-contractor through verbal communication of the plans and availability of loads. To assist with all other transport departments as and when required.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as in a fast paced transport or logistics environment
- Numerate – Ability to work with numerical data is required for this role
- Highly competent with PC literate – Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint and Transport IT/ web based systems
- Excellent customer service and administration skills
- Highly organised, self-sufficient and able to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Be flexible in your approach to work and hours
- Good UK Graphical Knowledge
- Reliable in approach to work and adaptable to fit into different teams and environments
- Professional in appearance and manner
- Adaptable to change and a strong team player
- Must have own transport, full UK driving licence and ability to travel to work
- Customer Service – To ensure all subcontracted orders are processed to be delivered on time and in full and meet their delivery needs
- Ensure all requests for Customer orders are processed in a timely manner and are updated in the systems with all relevant details
- Maintenance of a strong Sub-Contractor list throughout the year, with a minimum percentage of KTL loads covered
Effective and efficient planning of the Sub-Contractor activity throughout the year by:
- Strong and clear communication of the Customers’ requirements to the Sub-Contractor both verbally and in writing
- Promptly answering enquiries over the telephone in a professional manner and via email where necessary
- Speaking to the third party and/customers to understand any concerns or with any delivery or planning activities
- Working with the customer to understand their demands for short term and long term planning activities
- Entry of all movements of jobs onto the relevant PC and web based systems
- Reporting any concerns to the Transport / Customer Services Manager
- Working in tandem with the other Teams such as Warehouse and Transport teams to understand the sub-contractor requirements
- Raising any concerns over delivery with other internal teams and providing solutions for resolution
- Investigating and solving pre and post departure customer escalations and issues
- Maintain good levels of communication
- Plan and communicate effective handovers during absence to ensure that there is a clear plan and line of communication/reporting should any questions arise
Minimise cost through effective and robust processes and practises to ensure the customer demands are met and communicated correctly.
Reduce Subcontracting costs through searching for the most up to date costings from the relevant area of the UK and reduce any on costs by maintaining excellent levels of communication with Subcontractors.
Production of Subcontracting stats – profit excluding fuel surcharge
Monitor the previous day’s collections and deliveries in order to provide information and communicate to relevant internal/external customers in a timely manner should issues require escalation. Liaise directly and in a timely manner with internal/external stakeholders to advise them of issues or delays along with planned corrective action, so as to maintain a two-way communication flow and minimise customer dissatisfaction.
Encouraging teamwork within the workplace by displaying the correct behaviours towards all members of the Knowles Transport Ltd teams
Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely and securely and reporting of any concerns to the Customer Services Manager