Supporting the Shift Supervisor with effective management and supervision of the shifts operations, including distribution of workload for all warehouse operatives and FLT drivers including agency labour that is allocated to the operation. Effective organisational and communication skills.
Minimum of 1 years’ experience of working within a Warehouse environment
Forklift Driving Experience: Counterbalance and Flexi truck licences are advantageous
Must be able to work as assigned in either office or warehouse environments
Diligent attention to detail and attention to safety of themselves and others around the workplace
Ability to multi‐task and work in a fast paced environment
Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with Customers and Co‐Workers alike
Highly organised, self-sufficient and able to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
Ensure effective and efficient running of the warehouse function and customer satisfaction by:
• Ensure warehouse supervisor is kept informed of all operational issues, in particular those that may lead to service disruption or non-delivery
• Ensure that the Company’s health and safety policies and guidelines are adhered to.
• Ensure that all site / stock damage is reported.
• Operation of Mechanical Handling Equipment and inspection of MHE prior to shift.
• To maintain all working areas in a clean and tidy manner.
• To achieve the expected hourly output as determined by the site daily volumes.
• To control the reworking of stock and the decanting of containers as and when required.
• To control the accuracy of receiving, picking and dispatch
• Operating IT systems as required – updating any records within the system
• Effective intake of goods and supplies from all customers
• Correct storing of goods – Monitoring locations and carrying out checks to ensure the teams accuracy
• Management of the marshalling of stocks
• Ensuring warehouse operatives keep accurate records of stocks
• Use of the correct methods for manual handling
• Correct completion of relevant paperwork for all customers
• Printing out of delivery notes
• Ensuring all operatives complete paperwork correctly and conduct the scanning of pallets to the correct locations through training and mentoring